A giant lace cookie is a large cookie made of butter, sugar, vanilla flavor, flour, corn starch and salt.
Easy to prepare, tender and tasty, this cookie is ideal for daytime snacks.
|Difficulty level : easy|
|Prep time : 15 min|
|Rest time : 30 min|
|Cook time : 25 min|
|Total time : 40 min + 30 min (rest)|
|Yield : 8 servings|
|1 cup softened butter|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/2 tsp vanilla flavor|
|2 cups flour|
|1/2 cup corn starch|
|a pinch of salt|
- Put the butter, sugar and vanilla flavor in a bowl and stir until a light and frothy mixture is obtained.
- Add the flour, corn starch and salt and knead quickly until a ball of dough forms.
- Spread and roll out the dough on a working surface until it forms a disc of 0.4 inch thick and 10 inch diameter.
- Place in a mold of the same size fitted with cooking paper.
- Using a fork, draw 8 slices on the dough, then refrigerate for at least 30 min.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 360° F.
- Bake for about 25 min.
- Let it to cool.
- Place a stencil with a lace pattern on top, sprinkle generously with icing sugar, then carefully remove.
- Serve and enjoy !