A semifreddo (Italian word meaning “semi cold”) is a dessert made of sugar, eggs, coffee and fresh cream.
Semifreddo is the name given to a family of typically Italian frozen desserts (zuccotto, viennetta, spumone, etc.). This dessert is close to an ice cream, of which it differs by the quantity and quality of the ingredients and by its sweet consistency.
We’re delighted to introduce the recipe of a mascarpone and coffee semifreddo.
|Difficulty level : easy|
|Prep time : 15 min|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 5 min|
|Total time : 20 min|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|4 egg yolks|
|2 cups whipping cream|
|1/2 cup mascarpone|
|1/3 cup coffee|
|1/3 cup caster sugar|
- Prepare the coffee and pour into a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and bring to a boil over low heat until the sugar is well dissolved.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, then add them to the coffee syrup and continue mixing well until you get a creamy consistency.
- In another bowl, whip (not too much) the cream separately, then gently add the mascarpone with a spatula, making slow movements from bottom to top.
- Gently also add the coffee cream to the cream mixture.
- Pour into 4 individual cups and let stand for a few hours in the freezer.
- Remove from the freezer about 5 to 10 min before serving.
- Enjoy !