Muffins are individual small cakes that appeared in Wales during the XIe century. They are very popular in Anglo-Saxon countries, especially in the United States.
To prepare muffins, you first mix the liquid ingredients and the dry ones separately, then quickly mix the two types of ingredients. Muffins are never iced like cupcakes.
Common flavors are chocolate, strawberry, bananas, raspberry, vanilla or blueberry. Blueberry muffins are North American baking classics.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Prep time : 15 min|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 20 min|
|Total time : 25 min|
|Yield : 12 muffins|
|2 cups flour|
|2/3 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup butter|
|2/3 cup milk|
|0.8 cup blueberries|
|1 tbsp baking powder|
|1 tbsp vanilla extract|
|1 lemon (grated zest)|
- In a bowl, sift the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with the cooled melted butter, milk, vanilla extract and grated lemon zest.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl containing the dry ingredients.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth, then gently add the washed and dried blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cups halfway up.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 360° F.
- Bake for about 20 min.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before unmolding and serving.
- Enjoy !