Free butter and oil almond cookies are cookies made of almonds, sugar, eggs, honey, extract of almonds and candied cherries.
Easy and quick to prepare, light and delicious, they are perfect for breakfast or other daytime snacks.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Preparation time : 15 min|
|Rest time : 12 hours|
|Cook time : 15 min|
|Total time : 30 min + 12 h (rest)|
|Yield : 25 cookies|
|3 cups whole peeled almonds|
|1 cup caster sugar|
|2 egg whites|
|1.5 tbsp honey|
|1/2 tsp almond extract|
- Place the almonds in the bowl of a mixer with the sugar and mix until you obtain a powder, without overheating the mixture.
- Add the egg whites, almond extract and honey and mix until you get a compact and soft mixture.
- Place the dough in a pastry bag with a 0.6 inch star tip.
- Form piles of dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing them slightly.
- Decorate with candied cherries.
- Put in the refrigerator and let stand overnight, the baking sheet covered with plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 320° F.
- Bake for 15 minutes without browning them with a damp interior.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.
- Enjoy !
Cooking quote :
“Happiness in the kitchen.”Paul Bocuse