A japanese cloud cake is a cake made of eggs, sugar, cream cheese, flour, corn starch, milk, butter, baking powder, salt and lemon.
Easy to prepare, soft as a cloud, delicious, it is perfect for daytime snacks.
|Difficulty level : low|
|Prep time : 15 mins|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 1 hour|
|Total time : 1 hour 15 mins|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 cup cream cheese|
|1/3 cup flour|
|2 tbsp corn starch|
|1/2 cup whole milk|
|4 tbsp butter|
|1/2 tbsp baking powder|
|1 lemon (juice)|
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 390° F.
- Provide a 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Line and butter the edges which should be very high (8 inch above the mold).
- Cover the bottom of the mold with aluminum foil for a bain-marie cooking.
- Melt the cheese in a double boiler and add the egg yolks one by one, while mixing with a whisk.
- Then add the corn starch, half the sugar and mix everything together.
- Take a saucepan and heat the milk and butter together and once melted add the cheese mixture.
- Mix and add the pinch of salt and the aromas. Mix well and set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites in another bowl and add the yeast once the mixture is foamy. Add the sugar as well and continue whisking until a semi-firm consistency is obtained.
- Gradually incorporate the egg white mixture into the cheese mixture with a spatula, moving slowly up and down.
- Once everything is incorporated, pour the mixture into the mold, lightly tap the bottom to let the air out.
- Fill a larger mold with a finger of water and immerse the mold with the preparation. Fill with water to the middle of the mold.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 320° F.
- Bake for about 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven when the cake is golden.
- Partially open the oven door and let stand another 50 mins.
- Take out of the oven and let rest for a while in the mold.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Serve and enjoy !