The 10 minute cocotte bread is a bread made of flour, lukewarm water, salt and baker’s yeast; risen and cooked in a casserole dish.
Easy to make, soft and crisp, it is perfect for everyday use.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 10 min|
|Rest time : 2 h 30 min|
|Cook time : 45 min|
|Total time : 55 min + 2h 30 min (lifting)|
|Ingredients : 6 servings|
|6 cups flour|
|2 cups lukewarm water (100° F)|
|4 tsp salt|
|30 g of fresh baker’s yeast|
- Place the flour and lukewarm water in the food processor bowl. Knead slowly to mix.
- Add the yeast and mix.
- Finally add the salt and knead until you obtain a homogeneous dough.
- Cover the dough with a clean cloth and let stand in a bowl for about 1 h 30 min to 2 h at room temperature. The dough should double in size.
- Resume and degas the dough.
- Place in a casserole dish with baking paper.
- Cover with the lid and let rise at 85° F in the oven until the dough doubles in size (about 30 min).
- Score the surface of the dough.
- Close the casserole dish.
- Bake in a cold oven then light at 450-475° F (preferably rotating heat).
- Bake during 40 at 45 min.
- Take out and let cool on a rack.
- Enjoy !