A pastry cream without eggs and milk is a cream made of soy milk (rice or coconut), sugar, corn starch, lemon and turmeric.
Easy and quick to prepare, this soft and creamy vegetable pastry cream is ideal as a dessert or to fulfill cakes and desserts.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 5 min|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 10 min|
|Total time : 15 min|
|Yield : 1 cup cream|
|1 cup soy milk or coconut milk or rice milk|
|4 tbsp sugar|
|2.5 tbsp corn starch|
|1 tsp lemon zest|
|1 pinch turmeric|
- Put the sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually add the soy milk while stirring with a whisk.
- Transfer the saucepan to the heat and, while stirring constantly, heat over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, while the cream thickens.
- Flavor with lemon zest and color with turmeric.
- Transfer the cream to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let cool completely before using.
- Enjoy !