A 5 minute melon cake is a cake made of melon, sugar, eggs, flour, oil, milk and baking powder.
Easy and quick to prepare, soft and deliciously flavored, it is perfect for daytime snacks.
|Difficulty level : low|
|Prep time : 5 min|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 30 min|
|Total time : 35 min|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|1 melon (cantaloupe)|
|3/4 cup caster sugar|
|2 cups flour|
|3.5 oz oil|
|1.75 oz milk|
|3.5 tsp baking powder|
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar until a light mixture is obtained.
- While continuing to whisk, gradually add the oil and milk.
- Cut the melon into slices, remove the skin and seeds, then cut into small pieces and mix 3/5 of pulp.
- Add to the mixture.
- Whisk, then gradually add the sifted flour and baking powder until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Add the rest of the melon cut into cubes and distribute evenly.
- Provide a 8.5 inch pan with baking paper and pour the mixture into it.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 360° F.
- Bake during 30 min.
- Insert the blade of a knife in its center, if it comes out dry, remove the cake from the oven and let cool completely.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar, cut into slices and serve.
- Enjoy !