A 5 minute water cake is a cake made of water, sugar, flour, oil, vanilla (or lemon zest, orange or almond flavoring), yeast and icing sugar.
Easy and quick to make, without milk, butter and eggs, this low fat cake, ideal for vegans and lactose intolerant, with a very delicate taste and very smooth consistency, is ideal for breakfast or as a snack, with a coffee or tea.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 5 min|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 40 min|
|Total time : 45 min|
|Yield : 6 people|
|1.5 cup water|
|1 cup caster sugar|
|3 cups flour|
|5 tbsp seed oil|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|1 tbsp baking powder|
- In a bowl, mix the water at room temperature with the sugar until completely dissolved.
- Add the oil, vanilla extract and continue to mix.
- In another bowl, sift the flour with the yeast, mix.
- Gradually incorporate the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, continuing to mix with a hand whisk.
- Provide a 10 inch pan with baking paper and pour the mixture into it.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 360° F.
- Bake for about 40 min.
- Take out of the oven and let cool completely.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy !