A gluten free chocolate cake is a cake made of rice flour, potato starch, sugar, milk chocolate, butter, milk, eggs and yeast.
Easy and quick to prepare, soft, gluten-free, it is perfect for daytime snacks.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 15 min|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 50 min|
|Total time : 1 h 5 min|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|1.2 cup rice flour|
|1 cup potato starch|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup milk chocolate|
|0.4 cup butter|
|4 tbsp milk|
|1 tbsp baking powder|
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler with the butter.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until you get a light and fluffy mixture.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and mix.
- Gradually incorporate the sifted flour with the baking powder and starch, alternating with the milk.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Gently add the snowy egg whites to the mixture, using slow movements from the bottom of the spatula.
- Butter and flour a cake pan and pour the mixture into it.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 360° F.
- Bake for about 50 min.
- Test the toothpick which should come out of the center of the cake dry if the cake is baked.
- Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Remove from pan.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy.