30 minute brioche croissants are pastries made of flour, butter, milk, egg, sugar, yeast and salt which take about 30 minutes to be prepared except cook and rest times.
Easy and quick to prepare, delicious, they are perfect for breakfast or other daytime snacks.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 30 min|
|Rest time : 2 h 30 min|
|Cook time : 15 min|
|Total time : 45 min + 2 h 30 min (raised)|
|Yield : about 10 medium sized croissants|
|2 cups flour|
|1/3 cup butter|
|4 to 5 tbsp milk|
|3 tbsp caster sugar|
|1/2 cube of baker’s yeast or 1/2 sachet of dry yeast|
|1 pinch of salt|
- In a small bowl, dissolve the crumbled yeast with the lukewarm milk.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour with the sugar.
- Add the melted butter, egg and milk with the yeast. If using dry yeast, add to the flour and sugar mixture.
- Knead and form a ball of dough. Cover with a clean cloth.
- Let stand for about 30 min.
- Spread on a lightly floured work surface.
- Form a 6 inch length rectangle of dough and roll out to about 0.2 inch thick.
- Cut triangles in the dough.
- Roll up and form the croissants.
- Let rise for 2 hours in a warm place until doubled in volume.
- Brush with egg yolk and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 400° F.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 min.
- Go out and let cool.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy !