A butter cream is a cream based on butter, icing sugar, fresh cream and vanilla.
Easy and quick to prepare, without eggs or meringue, it is perfect for garnishing cupcakes, desserts or cakes.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 10 min|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : –|
|Total time : 10 min|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|0.8 cup quality butter (room temperature)|
|1.75 cup icing sugar|
|5 tbsp fresh cream|
|1/2 tsp vanilla extract|
- Take the butter out of the refrigerator 30 min before using until it reaches a soft consistency.
- Put the soft butter in a bowl, add the icing sugar and the vanilla and start beating with an electric whisk at medium speed for 5 min.
- After 5 min, gradually add the cream, continuing to whip for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a pastry bag to decorate cupcakes or use with a spatula directly on the cake to garnish.
- Store the buttercream for a few days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Before use, put at room temperature for 15 to 20 min.