A garlic cream is a sauce made of garlic, salt, olive oil and lemon juice.
Named toum in Arabic countries, close to French aioli, it is a main ingredient in many Lebanese and Middle Eastern recipes. Word toum means “garlic” in Arabic.
Easy and quick to make, soft and tasty, it is ideal to accompany meat and fish dishes.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 20 min|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : –|
|Total time : 20 min|
|Yield : 4 servings|
|4 garlic cloves (peeled)|
|1/2 cup lemon juice|
|2.5 cups cold vegetable oil|
|1 tsp salt|
- Peel the garlic cloves.
- Cut in half and remove the central germ.
- Place in blender bowl with lemon juice, salt and 1 tbsp of cold water.
- Mix and work for 2 to 3 minutes until you obtain a creamy mixture.
- Slowly add the oil, continue to mix and alternate with the lemon juice.
- Continue for about 10 minutes until the sauce is soft and looks like mayonnaise.
- Taste and adjust the salt if necessary.
- Use and enjoy !