A apple pie is a cake made of shortbread and a filing of apples, cane sugar, cinnamon, corn starch and raisins.
Apple pie is an unofficial symbol of the United States and one of its iconic desserts.
Easy to make, melting and deliciously scented, it is ideal during daytime snacks.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 35 min|
|Rest time : 1 hour|
|Cook time : 45 min|
|Total time : 1 h 20 min + 1 h (rest)|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|2 cups flour|
|1/2 egg whipped|
|3/4 cup cold butter|
|1 tbsp water|
|6 large apples|
|1/3 cup cane sugar|
|1 tsp cinnamon or cardamom|
|2 tbsp corn starch|
|1/2 cup dried raisins|
- Crumble the butter into the flour until it looks like grated cheese.
- Quickly assemble the dough with the eggs and water.
- Divide the dough into 1/3 and 2/3.
- Form 2 balls of dough and flatten slightly.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Roll out the large ball, shape a 12 inch disc.
- Place on a 10 inch pan.
- Spread the remaining dough on a plate.
- Wash, peel the apples.
- Cut in half and remove the core.
- Cut into slices and put in a bowl.
- Add the cane sugar, cinnamon and corn starch and mix the apples well with this mixture.
- Add the raisins.
- Pour the filling into the mold.
- Arrange the dough cover and press the dough firmly around the edges.
- Close the edge with your fingers and shape a beautiful wavy border.
- Brush the pie with cold water, sprinkle with sugar.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 400° F.
- Bake during 45 min.
- Serve the apple pie warm with ice cream.
- Enjoy !