A New York chocolate cheesecake is a sweet dessert composed of a mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, dark chocolate, eggs, sugar and flavors of vanilla or lemon, filing a crust of cookie crumbs (usually Graham crackers) cocoa powder and butter.
The New York cheesecake is made with a Philadelphia cream cheese (patented in 1872 by William Lawrence of Chester, New York), a fresh salty cheese.
The following recipe is a chocolate version.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 25 min|
|Rest time : 3 h 20 min|
|Cook time : 1 hour|
|Total time : 1 h 25 min + 3 h 20 min (rest)|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|2 cups biscuits|
|1 tsp bitter cocoa|
|1/2 cup butter|
|1.5 cup cream cheese (Philadelpia)|
|1 cup sour cream|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|0.7 cup dark chocolate|
|3 tbsp flour|
|1 pinch of bitter cocoa|
- Provide the base of a 10 inch pan with baking paper.
- Put the cookies and cocoa in the bowl of a blender and reduce to flour.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add to the cookies and mix well.
- Spread the mixture in the bottom of the mold, compact well with a spoon and refrigerate for 20 min.
- In a bowl, put the cheese, sour cream, sugar and flour.
- Mix, then insert the first egg.
- When it is well absorbed, add the second.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, add to the mixture and stir with a spatula.
- Pour the cream on the base.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 350° F.
- Bake for about 1 h.
- Take out of the oven and let cool, then put in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Garnish the cake with a pinch of cocoa.
- Serve and enjoy !