A princess cream is a pastry cream in which firm whipped cream is incorporated in order to obtain a foamy, airy and light cream.
It is used to garnish cabbages, sponge cakes or a Saint-Tropez pie.
|Difficulty level : easy|
|Prep time : 25 min|
|Cook time : 10 min|
|Total time : 35 min|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|2 cups whole milk|
|1/2 cup corn starch|
|1/2 cup caster sugar|
|3 egg yolks|
|2 tbsp whole cream (30% fat)|
|3 vanilla pods|
- Heat the milk with the vanilla pods split in half lengthwise, the extracted seeds of vanilla put in the milk. Bring to a boil.
- Infuse 30 min to cover off the heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture whitens. Add the corn starch. Mix.
- Remove the vanilla pods from the milk.
- Pour the boiling milk over the yellow-sugar mixture while whisking.
- Pour everything back into the pan and continue to whisk.
- Cook over low heat so that the cream thickens, the whisk must leave a mark on the bottom of the pan.
- Cover with a plastic film in contact with the cream to prevent the formation of a thin skin.
- Go to fouet or dipping blender.
- Pour the liquid cream into a salad bowl and whisk until you get a firm whipped cream.
- Add the pastry cream and gently mix up and down with a spatula.
- Put in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy !