A grandma apple cake is a cake made of eggs, sugar, flour, butter, yeast, vanilla, milk, apples, raisins and pine nuts.
Easy and quick to prepare, soft and delicious, it’s perfect for daytime snacks.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 25 min|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 45 min|
|Total time : 1 h 10 min|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|0.6 cup sugar|
|0.6 cup flour|
|4 tbsp butter|
|3/4 tbsp baking powder|
|1/2 tbsp vanilla sugar|
|1/2 cup milk|
|2 Golden apples|
|1/3 cup raisins|
|1/3 cup pine nuts|
- Put the raisins in a cup with hot water to soften them.
- In a bowl, work the eggs with the sugar with an electric whisk until you obtain a light and fluffy compound.
- Then add the butter and milk, continuing to mix well. Then add the flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Finally add the pine nuts and raisins.
- If the dough seems too firm, add a little milk.
- At this point, we pour the dough into a 10 inch pan fitted with baking paper.
- Wash the apples, remove the core and cut into thin slices.
- Arrange the apple slices in shelves starting from the outside and forming two circles one inside the other.
- Add pine nuts on top.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 360° F.
- Bake for about 45 min.
- Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Serve and enjoy !