A tiramisu cheesecake or “cheesecake tiramisu” is a cake combining the delicate cream of mascarpone and lady’s fingers dipped in the coffee of tiramisu and the rich, fresh and firm consistency of cheesecake.
Easy to prepare, sweet and delicate, it is perfect during lunch and daily snacks.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Preparation time : 30 min|
|Rest time : 4 h 30 min|
|Cook time : –|
|Total time : 5 hours|
|Yield : 8 servings|
|2 cups biscuits spoon or lady’s fingers|
|1/2 cup butter|
|4 tbsp coffee|
|Mascarpone cream :|
|2 cups mascarpone|
|1 cup cream cheese|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup fresh liquid cream|
|6 egg yolks|
|1 tsp cold water|
|1 tbsp gelatine|
|Biscuits’ layer :|
|1 cup lady fingers|
|1/2 cup coffee|
|1.5 tbsp bitter cocoa powder|
- Prepare the coffee (espresso or mocha) and let cool.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, making sure it does not burn.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile, insert the lady’s fingers into the blender and reduce to a powder.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the melted butter and 4 tbsp coffee. Mix well.
- Line with parchment paper a 10 inch pan.
- Pour in the lady’s finger mixture.
- Distribute evenly over the bottom, pressing down with the back of a spoon to compact it.
- To make it firm, put the mold in refrigerator for at least half an hour.
Mascarpone cream :
- Soak the gelatin in a baking dish with cold water.
- At the same time, put 1/4 cup sugar and 3 tbsp water in a small saucepan and bring the syrup to a boil.
Check the temperature with a food thermometer.
- When it reaches 240° F, put the egg yolks and the rest of the sugar in a mixer fitted with whips and start whipping.
- When the syrup reaches 250° F, remove from the heat and start adding it little by little to the blender, stopping the whisks from time to time so as not to lose the syrup on the edges of the bowl.
- Continue to whisk until the mixture is completely cold.
In a saucepan, heat the liquid cream without boiling it and add, after having pressed it, the gelatin left to soak.
- Mix well to dissolve the gelatin completely and let cool.
- In a bowl, add the fresh cheese spread and mascarpone and mix.
- Add the cheese, one spoonful at a time, to the mixer while continuing to whisk.
- Finally, add the cold cream in which you have melted the gelatin.
- Mix all the ingredients of the cream, then stop.
- Take the hardened cheesecake base from the refrigerator and pour in a first layer of cream.
- Level with a spatula.
- Quickly dip the lady’s fingers into the remaining 1/2 cup coffee and cut in half.
- Place the cookies in concentric circles inside the mold, then cover with the second and last layer of cream and level.
- Put the cake in the refrigerator to cure for at least 3 at 4 h.
- Once cured, remove from the refrigerator gently remove the mold disc and parchment paper around the edges.
- Sprinkle the surface of the cake with sifted bitter cocoa.
- To obtain a chessboard pattern on the top of the cake Draw a circle of the same diameter as the mold on a sheet of baking paper.
- Draw the horizontal and vertical lines to form the squares.
- Using a cutter, cut half of the squares alternately to obtain a chessboard.
- Sprinkle with bitter cocoa.
- Enjoy !