A grandma apple jelly is a sweet preparation made of apples, water, sugar and lemon.
Easy to prepare, sweet and delicious, it’s perfect for breakfast and for daytime snacks.
|Difficulty level : low|
|Prep time : 15 min|
|Rest time : 1 hour|
|Cook time : 1 h 30 min|
|Total time : 1 h 45 min + 1 h (rest)|
|Yield : 3 jam pots|
|5 big apples cut into quarters (preferably red and slightly sour)|
|4 cups water|
|4 cups caster sugar|
|1 lemon (juice)|
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil with the lemon juice and whole apples without peeling them.
- Lower the heat and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Do not crush the fruit during cooking.
- Pour the apples into a sieve fitted with a gauze and let drain for about 1 hour until you get about 4 cups of juice.
- In the same saucepan, bring the juice and sugar to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 1 hour, skimming carefully, until everything gels.
- Perform the plate test (put a small plate in the freezer for a few minutes, place 1 tsp of jelly on the plate and immediately put the plate back in the freezer for a few minutes. If the jelly sticks to the plate by turning it over, it is cooked).
- Pour into hot, sterilized jars.
- Sterilize in boiling water 5 min for a long conservation.
- Preserve and enjoy!