Chocolate snowball cookies are cookies made of dark chocolate, sugar, flour, butter, eggs, cocoa, powdered almonds and icing sugar.
Very popular in the United States, their name (snow ball cookies) is due to their spherical shape and icing sugar coating, which makes them look like snowballs. Particularly melting in the mouth, with an intense nutty aroma, they are perfect any time during the day.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 25 min|
|Rest time : 30 min|
|Cook time : 10 min|
|Total time : 35 min + 30 min (rest)|
|Yield : 20 to 25 snowballs|
|1 cup dark chocolate (70% cocoa)|
|1/2 cup caster sugar|
|1 cup flour|
|1/3 cup butter (cut into pieces)|
|2 medium-sized eggs|
|1 tbsp bitter cocoa powder|
|5 tbsp almond powder|
|1/2 cup icing sugar (finishing)|
- Melt the chocolate and the butter in a double boiler.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until a creamy mixture forms. Put aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and ground almonds.
- Add chocolate and melted butter then mix.
- Slowly fold in the egg and sugar mixture.
- Refrigerate for about 30 min.
- Take 3 tbsp of dough for a cookie.
- Shape the snowballs with floured hands.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 360° F.
- Bake for about 10 min.
- Take out of the oven, let cool for a few minutes before coating with icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy !