A lemon California cheesecake is a sweet dessert made with a mixture of cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and scents of vanilla or lemon, on a crust of cookie crumbs (usually Graham crackers).
Easy and quick to prepare, it is perfect at the end of the meals or for daytime snacks.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 30 min|
|Rest time : 2 hours|
|Cook time : 10 min|
|Total time : 2 h 40 min|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|1.5 cups cream cheese|
|2 cups ladyfingers crumbs|
|1 cup fresh cream|
|1 cup icing sugar|
|1.2 cup lemon yoghurt|
|1/3 cup butter|
|1 lemon (zest and juice)|
|1 tbsp gelatin|
|0.5 cup sugar|
|2 tbsp corn starch|
|1 cup water|
- Put the ladyfingers in the blender and mix with the melted butter until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Pour the mixture into a hinged mold and put in the refrigerator.
- Soften the gelatin sheets in cold water, then squeeze them and let them melt over high heat with a tablespoon of milk.
- In large bowl, mix cream cheese with icing sugar, then add lemon yogurt, zest and lemon juice.
- Mix well. Add the melted gelatin and stir. Finally, add the cream, whipped beforehand.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until you obtain a smooth and homogeneous cream.
- Remove the hinge pan from the refrigerator and pour the mixture over the biscuit base. Level as much as possible and refrigerate for 2 h.
Lemon jelly :
- In a saucepan, pour the sugar, cornflower and finely grated lemon rind. Mix well.
- Add water and lemon juice and mix again, then bring to a boil.
- Stir constantly and heat for another 5 min until the jelly thickens.
- Cool, then remove the lemon cheese cake from the refrigerator and pour over the entire surface of the cake.
- Return the cheese cake to the refrigerator for one hour, then remove it from the hinge pan.
- Put on a serving platter and garnish with fresh lemon wedges.
- Cut the lemon cheesecake into slices and serve.