A pancake is a flat cake, often thin and round, prepared from a starch-based batter that contains eggs, milk and butter, cooked on a hot surface (griddle or frying pan) with oil or butter.
The pancake’s shape and structure varies worldwide. In the United Kingdom, pancakes are often unleavened. In North America, a leavening agent is used (baking powder) creating a thick fluffy pancake. A crêpe is a thin Breton pancake of French origin cooked on both sides in a special pan. When buttermilk is used in place of or in addition to milk, the pancake has got a tart flavor (buttermilk pancake).
Pancakes may be served at any time of the day or year with a variety of toppings or fillings. In North America, they are typically considered a breakfast food and serve a similar function to waffles.
The recipe and method below allows you to make pancake dough in less than 1 minute.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 5 min|
|Rest time : –|
|Cooking time : 5 min|
|Total time : 10 min|
|Yield : 4 servings|
|2.5 cup flour|
|1.25 cup milk|
|1 cup whole yogurt|
|1.5 tbsp caster sugar|
|1 tbsp bakin powder / vanilla extract|
|4 tbsp oil|
|2 pinches of salt|
- Put the flour, caster sugar, salt, vanilla and the baking powder in a glass jar with lid.
- Add yogurt, milk, eggs and oil.
- Close the container and shake vigorously until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Oil a small non-stick 5-7 inch frying pan.
- Heat warm and pour some dough directly from the jar.
- Cook until small holes and bubbles form on the surface of the pancake.
- Return and cook in the same way.
- Place on a plate lined with absorbent paper, and continue until all the dough is used up.
- Serve with a sprinkle of honey or maple syrup and enjoy !
[…] 1 MINUTE PANCAKES — MASTERECIPES […]