A 3 ingredient chocolate pie is a pie composed of a shortbread base and a dark chocolate and crème fraîche filling.
Due to the cost of cocoa and chocolate, this pie was considered until recently as a gourmet dessert. An early 1770th century British recipe book for “wealthy families” features a chocolate pie recipe that included cinnamon and lemon zest.
Easy and quick to prepare, tender and delicious, it is perfect for daytime snacks.
|Difficulty level : low|
|Prep time : 15 min|
|Rest time : 3 hours|
|Cook time : 15 min|
|Total time : 30 min + 3 h (rest)|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|1 shortbread roll|
|1 bar dark chocolate|
|1 cup fresh cream|
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 400° F.
- Place the dough in a 10 to 12 inch pie pan fitted with parchment paper.
- Add parchment paper under the dough and therafter adddry beans.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the dried beans and baking paper and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat the liquid cream.
- In a bowl, break the chocolate into pieces, pour in the liquid cream and cover with a plate. Wait about 5 min.
- Mix with a whisk.
- Pour the ganache over the pie shell.
- Refrigerate for 2 at 3 h.
- Go out and serve.
- Enjoy !