Homemade burger buns are small breads made of flour, water, yeast, egg, butter, sugar, salt and oil browned with egg and milk and sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Easy to prepare, soft and delicious, they are perfect for composing burgers or as an accompanying bread.
|Difficulty level : easy|
|Prep time : 25 min|
|Rest time : 2 h 15 min|
|Cook time : 12 min|
|Total time : 37 min + 2 h 15 min (rest)|
|Yield : 6 to 8 buns|
|1 pound all purpose flour|
|1 cup warm water|
|1 tbsp baking yeast|
|1 egg (large size)|
|3 tbsp melted butter|
|3 tbsp sugar|
|1 tsp salt|
|1 tbsp oil|
|1 egg + 1/4 cup milk|
- In a bowl, add the lukewarm water, 1/2 cup flour and the dry yeast and mix well with a whisk. Let stand for 15 min.
- After 15 min when the mixture has become frothy, add the sugar and butter and mix.
- Add the flour and knead for about 3 to 5 min until the dough comes together.
- Take the dough out of the bowl, brush the bottom with oil and return the dough to the bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, place the dough on a floured work surface and roughly shape a rectangle.
- Cut 8 equal pieces, form balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cover with a tea towel and let rise for another 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 375° F.
- Gently brush the dough balls with the mixture of mixed egg and milk without deflating them.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 8 to 12 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Use and enjoy!