A 5-minute cocoa bottle cake is a cake made of flour, cocoa, sugar, eggs, oil, milk, baking powder and vanilla; which can be prepared in less than 5 minutes with a 2 qt (2 l) bottle.
Easy and quick to cook, soft and fragrant, it is ideal for daytime snacks or unplanned events.
|Difficulty level : easy|
|Prep time : 5 min|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 45 min|
|Total time : 50 min|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|0.5 cup||bitter cocoa powder|
|3.5 fl oz||vegetable oil|
|6.5 fl oz||milk ( or water or orange juice)|
|1 tbsp||baking powder|
|to taste||vanilla extract|
- Take a 2qt plastic bottle and place a funnel in the neck.
- Add the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Close the bottle and shake for a few seconds.
- Replace the funnel and add the oil and milk (or orange juice or water).
- Shake for a few more seconds.
- Then sift the flour with the bitter cocoa and yeast and insert into the bottle with the funnel.
- Close the bottle and shake vigorously for about 1 min until you obtain a creamy and thick paste.
- Line a 10 inch pan of parchment paper.
- Pour in the dough.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 360° F.
- Bake for about 40 min.
- Test the toothpick which should come out of the center of the cake dry if the cake is baked.
- Leave to cool in the oven with the door open for 10 min.
- Take out of the oven and let cool completely.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy !