A sponge cake without egg is a cake made of water, flour, sugar, cornstarch, oil, baking powder and lemon.
Easy and quick to prepare, light and soft, egg less, it is perfect filed with creams or fruits or as a simple dessert during daytime snacks.
|Difficulty level : easy|
|Prep time : 10 min|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 30 min|
|Total time : 40 min|
|1 cup (250 ml) water|
|1.5 cup (210 g) flour|
|3/4 cup (175 g) powdered sugar|
|3/4 cup (100 g) cornstarch|
|3.5 fl oz (100 ml) oil|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|1 lemon (grated zest)|
- In a bowl, put the oil, sugar and water.
- While whisking, gradually incorporate the sifted flour, cornstarch and baking powder.
- Add the lemon zest.
- Mix well until you get a smooth paste.
- Pour the mixture into 9-10 inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 360° F/180°C.
- Bake for about 30 min.
- Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Unmold and use!