A 5 minute sparkling water chocolate cake is a cake made of flour, sugar, oil, sparkling water, cocoa, eggs, baking powder, salt and icing sugar.
Easy and quick to prepare, soft, airy and delicious, it is perfect for breakfast or other daytime snacks.
|Difficulty level : easy|
|Prep time : 5 mins|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 35 mins|
|Total time : 45 mins|
|2.5 cups (320 g) flour|
|3/4 cup (150 g) powdered sugar|
|1/2 cup (120 ml) peanut oil|
|1/2 cup (120 ml) sparkling water|
|3.5 tablespoons cocoa powder|
|1/2 tablespoon baking powder|
|1 pinch of salt|
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, adding a pinch of salt.
- In another bowl, then beat the egg yolks, adding a little sugar until whitened.
- Add the sparkling water, oil and cocoa powder.
- Gradually add the cake flour and baking powder mixed together beforehand.
- Mix well until lumps are removed.
- Gently add the whipped egg whites to the preparation, moving slowly up and down.
- Line a 10 inch (24 to 26 cm) mold with baking paper and pour the mixture into it.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 360°F/180 ° C.
- Bake during 35 at 40 mins.
- Do the toothpick test, if it comes out dry from the center of the cake, it is cooked.
- Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!