A butter free apple cake is a cake made of apples, flour, sugar, oil, plain yogurt, eggs, baking powder, lemon, vanilla and brown sugar.
Easy and quick to prepare, sweet and delicious, it can be enjoyed at breakfast or during daytime snacks.
|Difficulty level : easy|
|Prep time : 5 min|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 45 min|
|Total time : 50 min|
|2 cups flour, all purpose|
|3/4 cup caster sugar|
|3 fl oz oil|
|1/2 cup plain yoghurt|
|3 eggs, at room temperature|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|1 lemon (grated zest)|
- Cover a 9-10 inch pan with baking paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs for about 2 min with the sugar, vanilla and lemon zest until a light and fluffy mixture is obtained.
- While whisking, pour in the oil and yogurt and continue to whisk until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the flour and baking powder, sifted and mixed together beforehand and incorporate everything.
- Add 2 apples previously cut into cubes, mix and pour the mixture into the mold.
- Decorate the cake with the remaining apple cut into slices.
- Sprinkle the surface with brown sugar.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 355°F/175°C.
- Bake for about 40 to 45 min.
- Check the doneness with the blade of a knife inserted in the center of the cake which should come out dry.
- Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!