A 10 minute coconut sponge cake is a cake made of sugar, eggs, butter, shredded coconut, flour and baking powder that can be prepared in less than 10 minutes.
Easy and quick to prepare, soft and tasty, it can be enjoyed at the end of a meal or during daytime snacks.
|Difficulty level : easy|
|Prep time : 10 min|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 30 min|
|Total time : 40 min|
|3/4 cup (150 g) sugar|
|1/2 cup (100 g) butter|
|2.5 cups (200 g) grated coconut|
|0.4 cup (50 g) flour|
|2 tablespoons of baking powder|
- In a bowl, add the eggs with the sugar and beat until the mixture triples in volume.
- Beat butter in another bowl until creamy.
- Gradually add to the previous mixture while continuing to beat.
- Add half of the grated coconut and continue to mix while adding the yeast and the flour previously sifted until a thick and homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 inches (24 cm) square or rectangular mold fitted with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 360°F/180º C.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Test the toothpick, which should come out of the center of the cake dry if the cake is baked.
- Take out of the oven and let cool to room temperature, then put in the refrigerator.
- Before serving, sprinkle with the other half of grated coconut and enjoy !