3 minute meringues are very light and fine pastries made of a mixture of egg whites and sugar.
Even if the term “meringue” appears as early as 1692 in François Massialot’s cookbook, its origin is controversial.
There are three different methods of preparation for different uses:
- French meringue consists of beating egg whites with granulated sugar.
- Swiss meringue requires to melt white snow eggs with icing sugar on a water bath.
- Italian meringue consists of mixing of snow eggs whites with cooked sugar.
The following recipe allows you to make meringues in less than 3 minutes.
|Difficulty level : easy|
|Prep time : 1.5 mins|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 1.5 mins|
|Total time : 3 mins|
|1 egg white|
|2.5 cups (350 g) icing sugar|
|1 pinch of salt|
|lemon juice (a few drops)|
- Place the egg whites in a bowl and whisk.
- Gradually add the icing sugar, salt and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Whisk until obtaining a very dense and malleable preparation.
- Gently add food coloring.
- With a spoon, form balls the size of a walnut and place on a dish lined with microwaveable parchment paper.
- Space the balls apart from each other.
- Bake at 800 W for 90 s.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Enjoy !