A 5 minute apple cloud cake is a cake made with cornstarch, sugar, oil, milk, apples, eggs, yeast, lemon.
Quick and easy to prepare, without flour or butter, this soft, fluffy and fragrant cake can be enjoyed as a daytime snack.
|Difficulty level : easy|
|Prep time : 5 min|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 35 min|
|Total time : 40 min|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|2 cups (250 g) cornstarch|
|3/4 cup (175 g) sugar|
|1/3 cup (75 ml) oil|
|3 tablespoons milk|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|1 lemon (zest and juice)|
- Line a 22 cm baking pan with parchment paper.
- Wash, peel and cut the apples into thin slices and pour the lemon juice over them.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 180°C.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add oil, milk, grated lemon peel and whisk.
- Add cornstarch and yeast and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the pan and arrange the apple slices on top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, test with a toothpick.
- If dry, the toothpick should come out of the center of the cake.
- Remove and let cool.
- Serve and enjoy.