A 5 Minute hot water cake is a cake made with flour, milk, eggs, sugar, oil, water, baking powder, lemon and salt, that takes less than 5 minutes to prepare.
Easy and very quick to prepare, soft and fluffy, it is perfect as a snack during the day or as a base for layer cakes.
|Difficulty level : easy|
|Prep time : 5 min|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 50 min|
|Total time : 55 min|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|1.6 cups (200g) flour|
|1 cup (200 g) sugar|
|2/3 cup (150 ml) hot water|
|0.4 cup (100 ml) milk|
|2 oz (60 ml) oil|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|1 lemon (grated zest)|
|1 pinch of salt|
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 170°C/338°F.
- In a bowl, break eggs, add a pinch of salt, milk, oil and sugar.
- Mix with a spoon.
- Add the sifted flour, baking powder and grated lemon peel. Mix well.
- Pour water into a saucepan and let cool.
- Add the water to the mixture and mix.
- Bake for 50 min.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
- Enjoy !