A 5 minute yogurt cloud cake is a cake made of flour, sugar, yogurt, oil, cornstarch, eggs, baking powder, lemon and powdered sugar. It can be prepared in less than 5 minutes.
Easy and quick to prepare, ultra-moist and sweet, it can be enjoyed as a snack during the day, alone or with creams or fruits.
|Difficulty level : easy|
|Prep time : 10 mins|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 40 mins|
|Total time : 50 mins|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|2 cups (250 g) flour|
|3/4 cup (150 g) sugar|
|0.6 cup (150 g) plain yogurt|
|3 fl oz (90 ml) oil|
|50 g (1/3 cup (50 g) cornstarch|
|3 medium sized eggs|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|1 lemon (grated zest)|
- In a bowl, sift and add flour, cornstarch and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar until they are white.
- Add the yogurt and oil and continue mixing.
- Gradually add the flour, cornstarch and baking powder mixture and continue to whisk at high speed.
- Add lemon juice and mix gently with a spatula from bottom to top.
- Pour into a buttered and floured 9-10 inch (24-26 cm) diameter pan.
- Preheat oven in static mode to 360°F/180°C.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick that should come out dry in the center of the cake if it is cooked.
- Once puffed up and golden, remove from oven and let cool in pan to room temperature.
- Unmold, place on a plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!