A giant cake is a cake made of flour, corn flower, sugar, oil, eggs, yeast and yogurt.
Soft and very tall, it can be cut like a panettone, eaten at breakfast or during other daytime snacks and can be used to realise layer cakes.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 15 mins|
|Rest time : 1 hour|
|Cook time : 45 mins|
|Total time : 10 mins|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|2 cups (250 g) flour|
|0.6 cup (75 g) corn flower|
|1 cup (200 g) sugar|
|1/2 cup (125 ml) oil|
|1/2 cup (125 g) plain yogurt|
|1tablespoon baking powder|
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Beat whites until stiff with a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Put the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add the yogurt and oil and beat for a few more minutes.
- Gradually add the sifted flour and cornflour together and mix well to avoid lumps.
- Add the sachet of baking powder and mix.
- Finally, gently fold the egg whites into the remaining batter, using slow upward strokes.
- Line a high-sided 4 to 6″ diameter baking pan with parchment paper, forming a large tube.
- Pour the mixture into the pan, levelling the surface well.
- Preheat oven to 320°F/160°C .
- Bake for about 50 minutes, until a knife blade inserted in the center comes out dry.
- Turn off the oven, open the door and let the cake cool completely.
- Once cooled, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy !