A mascarpone chocolate mousse is a mousse made of dark chocolate, mascarpone, eggs, sugar; flavored with cognac or rum.
Easy and quick to prepare, creamy and delicate, it is perfect as a spoon dessert or to garnish cakes and entremets.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 20 mins|
|Cook time : –|
|Rest time : 3 hours|
|Total time : 20 mins + 3 hours (rest)|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|1 cup (250 g) mascarpone|
|2/3 cup (100 g) dark chocolate|
|1 small glass cognac or rum|
|1/3 cup (75 g) sugar|
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in a saucepan over a double boiler.
- Once the chocolate is melted, transfer to a bowl and let it cool, but not completely to prevent it from being hard.
- Dissolve the sugar with the rum.
- Add to chocolate and whisk to combine.
- Add eggs one at a time, stirring constantly.
- Mix these ingredients with an electric whisk for 5 minutes until smooth.
- Put in the refrigerator.
- Once the chocolate mousse is cold, add the mascarpone and stir until smooth.
- Pour into a serving container or several ramekins and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.