A 10 minute egg white cake is a cake made with flour, sugar, water or lemon juice, egg whites, vanilla and baking powder.
Moist, fragrant, quick and easy to prepare, this cake can be eaten at breakfast or during other daytime snacks.
|Difficulty level : easy|
|Prep time : 10 min|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 30 min|
|Total time : 40 min|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|0.8 cup (100 g) flour|
|2/3 cup (130 g) powdered sugar|
|1 ounce (30 ml) water or lemon juice|
|1/2 pound (240 g) egg whites (7 to 8 eggs)|
|1/2 tablespoon vanilla powder|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
- Beat egg whites until stiff with 0.4 cup (80 g) sugar, vanilla powder and baking powder.
- In a bowl, mix the sifted flour with 1/4 cup (50 g) of sugar.
- Pour the flour and sugar mixture over the egg whites and gently fold in with a spatula, using slow upward strokes so as not to break up the mixture.
- Pour the liquid (water or orange or lemon juice) over the mixture and mix again gently so as not to break up the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased and unfloured 7-inch (18 cm) diameter baking pan.
- Preheat oven (static) to 340°F/170°C.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a rack.
- Turn out carefully.
- Place on a serving dish, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.