Mascarpone pineapple mousse is a dessert made with a mascarpone and pineapple purée mousse, topped with diced cooked pineapple.
This dessert can be enjoyed at the end of a meal or as a daytime snack.
|Difficulty level : easy|
|Prep time : 15 min|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : –|
|Total time : 15 min|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|1 large fresh pineapple|
|1.1 cup (250 g) mascarpone|
|0.85 cup (200 ml) heavy cream|
|0.4 cup (80 g) powdered sugar|
|3 tablespoons cane sugar|
|1 tablespoon vanilla sugar|
|1 star anise|
- Prepare the pineapple so that the pulp is isolated (remove the core and eyes).
- Dice the pulp.
- Blend half of it into a purée.
- Put this purée in a saucepan with half the cane sugar and the star anise.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- Remove the star anise.
- Melt a knob of butter in a pan.
- Once hot, add the remaining pineapple cubes and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat, taking care not to blacken the butter.
- Add the other half of the cane sugar and mix.
- Cook for another 5 minutes over low-medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Mascarpone cream :
- Mix egg yolks with powdered sugar and vanilla sugar until creamy and pale in color.
- While continuing to whisk, stir in the mascarpone and fresh cream.
- Mix the pineapple purée with the cream.
- Add the stiffly beaten egg whites and mix gently.
- Fill the ramekins with cream and add the pineapple cubes on top.
- Put in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!