Chocolate praline mousse is a mousse made with praline chocolate, eggs, praline and salt, that can be prepared in a few minutes.
Easy and quick to prepare, creamy and fragrant, it can be eaten alone or used to garnish layer cakes.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 10 mins|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 5 mins|
|Total time : 15 mins|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|1.5 cups (250 g) “praline” chocolate|
|2/3 cup (75 g) praline powder|
|1 pinch of salt|
- Break the praline chocolate into small pieces in a small bowl.
- Melt in a double boiler.
- When completely melted, remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Let cool.
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, adding 1 large pinch of salt.
- Gently pour the warmed chocolate over the egg yolks while mixing vigorously.
- Add 1/3 of the stiffly beaten egg whites, mixing to loosen the chocolate cream.
- Gently fold in the remaining egg whites, using a spatula to spread the chocolate evenly without making the whites fall.
- Gradually add the praline powder, while mixing gently.
- Pour the mousse into a container and leave to cool for about 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Serve and enjoy!