Tiramisu (literally “pull me up”, “cheer me up” or “give me strength”) is a traditional Italian dessert.
Easy and quick to prepare, it can be enjoyed at the end of a meal or during daytime snacks.
|Level of difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 30 mins|
|Rest time : 3 hours|
|Cook time : –|
|Total time : 30 mins + 3 hours (rest)|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|1 cup (250 g) mascarpone|
|1 cup (150 g) melted white chocolate|
|0.2 cup (40 g) sugar|
|lady fingers or savoyards|
- Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl, then add the softened mascarpone.
- Mix with a spatula, moving slowly from bottom to top so as not to disassemble the mixture.
- Add the melted and cooled white chocolate.
- Whisk the mixture for a few minutes.
- In another bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff, adding the sugar.
- Gently add the egg whites to the mascarpone cream and white chocolate.
- Now make the coffee without softening it.
- Take a square or rectangular mold and line with parchment paper.
- Add a first layer of savoyards lightly soaked in coffee.
- Pour the first layer of mascarpone cream inside and add a new layer of coffee-soaked Savoyards, then cover with a new layer of cream.
- Continue until you reach the edge of the mold.
- Finally, place in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
- Add white chocolate shavings or cinnamon if desired.