5 minute Lemon plumcake is a cake made with lemons, flour, sugar, eggs, oil or butter, cream, baking powder and salt; that can be prepared in less than 5 minutes.
Easy and quick to prepare, soft and with an authentic taste, it can be enjoyed during the day’s snacks.
|Difficulty level : easy|
|Prep time : 15 mins|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 40 mins|
|Total time : 55 mins|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|1.75 cups (220 g) flour|
|2/3 cup (125 g) sugar|
|1/3 cup (80 ml) rapeseed oil or 1/2 cup (100 g) melted butter|
|1/4 cup (50 ml) whipping cream|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|2 lemons (juice and grated zest)|
|1 pinch of salt|
- In a bowl, beat eggs with sugar and salt until fluffy.
- Add lemon peel.
- Squeeze the juice, strain through a sieve and pour into the mixture.
- Add the cream, then the oil and continue to beat.
- Sift the flour with the yeast and incorporate gently into the preparation.
- Preheat oven to 392°F/200°C in static mode.
- Pour the batter into a cake pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 320°F/160°C and continue baking for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a rack.
- Leave until completely cooled.
- Serve and enjoy.