A soft milk coffee cake is a cake made of flour, sugar, oil, baking powder, eggs, coffee and milk.
Easy to prepare, fluffy, soft and delicious, it is ideal for breakfast or as a daytime snack.
|Difficulty level : easy|
|Prep time : 15 mins|
|Break : –|
|Cook time : 45 mins|
|Total time : 1 hour|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|2 cups (240g) flour|
|1 cup (190g) sugar|
|3 tablespoons oil|
|1 tablepoon baking powder|
|2.5 onces (75 ml) mocha coffee|
|1/2 cup (110 ml) semi-skimmed milk (or vegetable milk)|
|2 tablespoons instant coffee|
- Prepare the coffee and leave to cool without sweetening it.
- In a bowl, put the eggs and the sugar and whisk for about 5 minutes until you obtain a light and fluffy mixture.
- In another bowl, mix coffee and milk and heat a little without boiling.
- Then add the instant coffee and mix well to dissolve it.
- Add the café au lait to the bowl containing the egg mixture.
- Stir gently with the whisk.
- Also add the oil and mix.
- Finally, add the sifted flour with the baking powder and mix without overworking.
- Line a 9 inch mold with parchment paper and pour the mixture into it.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 340°F/170°C.
- Bake for about 45 mins.
- Do the toothpick test which should come out dry from the center of the cake if it is cooked.
- Take out and let cool completely.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!