Orange cloud cake is a cake made from sugar, eggs, flour, oil, yeast and orange.
Light, soft and fragrant, it can be eaten for breakfast or a snack.
|Prep time: 15 mins|
|Cook time: 40 mins|
|Total time: 55 mins|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|3 eggs, at room temperature|
|1 cup (200 g) caster sugar|
|1 orange (grated zest)|
|1/2 lemon (grated zest)|
|1/2 cup (120 ml) orange juice|
|3 oz (90 ml) oil|
|2 cups (250 g) flour|
|1 packet of baking powder|
|1 pinch of salt|
- Butter and flour a 10 inch diameter mold.
- In a bowl, whisk the whole eggs for 5 minutes with the sugar and the grated orange and lemon zest, until a light and frothy mixture is obtained.
- While whisking, pour in the seed oil and strained orange juice.
- Stir again for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finally, add the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt previously mixed and sifted together.
- Mix everything until you obtain a smooth, homogeneous and lump-free mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the mold.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 175°C.
- Bake for approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
- Do the toothpick test. If it comes out clean from the center of the cake, the cake is done.
- Remove from the oven and let cool, unmold.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy !
Quotation :“Good cooking is the fertilizer of a pure conscience.” Nicolas-Toussaint des Essarts