Christmas cookies are cookies made with flour, butter, cane sugar, candied orange peel, cinnamon, egg, yeast and salt.
Easy and quick to prepare, these deliciously flavored cookies are great for Christmas and New Year’s holidays.
|Difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 20 mins|
|Rest time : –|
|Cook time : 10 mins|
|Total time : 30 mins|
|Yield : 6 servings|
|2 cups (250 g) flour|
|1/2 cup (120 g) g butter|
|1/2 cup (120 g) g cane sugar|
|1/3 cup (75 g) candied orange peel|
|1 tablespoon cinnamon powder|
|1/2 teaspoon baking powder|
|1 pinch of salt|
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Cut the candied oranges into small pieces.
- In a bowl, add the butter cut into pieces and the cane sugar and mix everything together.
- In another bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Add to the bowl containing the egg and candied oranges and mix until a smooth paste is obtained.
- Form one or two rolls of dough 3 inch in diameter and cut into rings.
- Slightly roll out the rounds of dough.
- Place at regular intervals on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 min.
- Take out and let cool on a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!