1 Ingredient Ultra Light Japanese cake is a cake that basically requires eggs.
Easy and quick to prepare, ultra-light, delicious, this cake can be enjoyed as a daytime snack.
|Difficulty : easy|
|Prep time : 15 mins|
|Break : –|
|Cook time : 12 mins|
|Total time : 27 mins|
|Yield : 4 servings|
|butter, powdered sugar, icing sugar|
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks in two different bowls.
- In a first bowl, beat the egg yolks.
- In a second bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff.
- Add 2 teaspoons of sugar and gently incorporate with a spatula.
- Place a knob of butter in a non-stick pan, melt and pour in the beaten egg yolks.
- Spread the egg yolks all over the bottom of the pan.
- Let cook for 1 to 2 minutes over low heat.
- Add beaten egg whites on top.
- Distribute gently.
- Put the lid on and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Place the cake on a cutting board, egg yolk side down.
- Cut in half and place one half on the other, egg white side down.
- Gently slice into 3 or 4 slices.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
- Enjoy !